Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ack01

Dragon Fruit trellis

ack01
11 years ago

Funny story. So about about a year ago a huge limb fell off of one of my large oak trees. It had a massive catuis vine growing so thick that the weight of it snapped the limb. There must have been about 15 cubic yards of this catuis. It took me and my girlfriend 2 weeks to clean up. After we finally got it to the street people came from every where to get cuttings. I thought they were crazy! after seening a small tig of the stuff sell at homedepot for $30, I am guessing I threw away about 30 grand lol. Anyway I thought I need to try to grow some my self. My plan is to use pvc pipes wrapped in burlap to let the plant climb. I am going to run a fence rail across the top of each pvc pipe to make it more stable and allow the plant to grow along it. I also plan to put a ring of 5ft horse pannel around each pvc pipe to support it's growth. the only reason I am doing it this way is because I have all the matrial in my scrap pile :). Does this sound like a good Idea? any other ideas for the trellis?

Comments (2)