Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (7)

• MrClint
    11 years ago

Hi MrsG47,

I'm going to go off topic a bit if it is OK with everyone. :)

I noticed that you are from RI and I just saw a DD&D on Food Network that had a segment on RI coffee milk. This was very thought provoking - after a bit of searching I was able to locate an ex-RI native who owns a cheese shop here locally who carries Autocrat syrup. So I will be trying it soon. If you have a tried and true recipe, please feel free to pass it along.

Guess I have to discuss fruit to stay on topic. Do you ever add fruit to your coffee milk? LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: The Cheese Store of Silverlake

• glenn_russell
    11 years ago

Hi MrsG47-
    Yes, I've seen that site a while ago, but haven't seen in it in a while. Lots of great information up there. Thanks for reminding me of it!

Hi Mr Clint - Yes, we grew up with Autocrat coffee milk. As for a recipe... well, take a glass of milk, add some syrup, and it tastes like, well, coffee in milk! (I'm not sure if there are recipes to do something else with the syrup... I've not heard of any, but there must be some). We don't have any of the syrup these days in our house (though other households do), but the kids can get regular, chocolate, strawberry or coffee milk at school. Now that I think about it, I guessing kids in other states can't get the coffee milk? Hmmmm.... See if you can get him to sell you a Dell's Frozen Lemonade as well!
    -Glenn

• chills71
    11 years ago

I go back home a couple times a year and always bring back coffee syrup. The kids are all addicted as well. I prefer the Eclipse, the kids the Autocrat.

I miss the pints of coffee milk we used to get in school...

I just need to find good recipe's for strip pizza and spinach pies. (and RI'ders willing to help out...??

~Chills

• mrsg47
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh guys this is funny! They sell 'Autocrat' coffee syrup and even 'ground coffee' at our Stop n' Shop. Pass the stuff in the 'syrup' aisle every couple of days! Back to orcharding for second, do my new trees need dormant spray? Thanks, Coffee lovers!

• glenn_russell
    11 years ago

Hi MrsG47. If they are still truly dormant, then go ahead. If they're leaf'd out and it's still OK with your oil's label, then go ahead. If they don't get the dormant oil, then I don't think it's the end of the world. I probably would only do it if I was looking for something to do.
    -Glenn

• mrsg47
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Gotcha, thanks Glenn, believe me, I have plenty to do, BUT, did you see in that latest RI report, PC are due here May 5th. Mrs. G

• glenn_russell
    11 years ago

Right. Dormant oil won't help with them, but the Triazicide will. Hmmm... May 5th sounds about right. As soon as my trees drop their petals, I'll spray it. Thanks for the heads up on the date! -Glenn