http://pronewengland.org/AllModels/RImodel/RADARRI-MiddletownEarly.htm

Glenn, maybe you have this site? Its great! Mrs. G

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For Glenn Russell, MrsG47 & other RI'ers

• Posted by mrclint z10SoCal Valley (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 24, 12 at 21:01

Hi MrsG47,

I'm going to go off topic a bit if it is OK with everyone. :)

I noticed that you are from RI and I just saw a DD&D on Food Network that had a segment on RI coffee milk. This was very thought provoking - after a bit of searching I was able to locate an ex-RI native who owns a cheese shop here locally who carries Autocrat syrup. So I will be trying it soon. If you have a tried and true recipe, please feel free to pass it along.

Guess I have to discuss fruit to stay on topic. Do you ever add fruit to your coffee milk? LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: The Cheese Store of Silverlake

o
RE: For Glenn Russell

Hi MrsG47-
Yes, I've seen that site a while ago, but haven't seen in it in a while. Lots of great information up there. Thanks for reminding me of it!

Hi Mr Clint - Yes, we grew up with Autocrat coffee milk. As for a recipe... well, take a glass of milk, add some syrup, and it tastes like, well, coffee in milk! (I'm not sure if there are recipes to do something else with the syrup... I've not heard of any, but there must be some). We don't have any of the syrup these days in our house (though other households do), but the kids can get regular, chocolate, strawberry or coffee milk at school. Now that I think about it, I guessing kids in other states can't get the coffee milk? Hmmmm.... See if you can get him to sell you a Dell's Frozen Lemonade as well!
-Glenn

o

I go back home a couple times a year and always bring back coffee syrup. The kids are all addicted as well. I prefer the Eclipse, the kids the Autocrat.

I miss the pints of coffee milk we used to get in school...

I just need to find good recipe's for strip pizza and spinach pies. (and RI'ders willing to help out...??

~Chills <--- a displaced Rhode Islander

o

Oh guys this is funny! They sell 'Autocrat' coffee syrup and even 'ground coffee' at our Stop n' Shop. Pass the stuff in the 'syrup' aisle every couple of days! Back to orcharding for second, do my new trees need dormant spray? Thanks, Coffee lovers!

o

Hi MrsG47. If they are still truly dormant, then go ahead. If they're leaf'd out and it's still OK with your oil's label, then go ahead. If they don't get the dormant oil, then I don't think it's the end of the world. I probably would only do it if I was looking for something to do.
-Glenn

o

Gotcha, thanks Glenn, believe me, I have plenty to do, BUT, did you see in that latest RI report, PC are due here May 5th. Mrs. G

o

Right. Dormant oil won't help with them, but the Triazicide will. Hmmm... May 5th sounds about right. As soon as my trees drop their petals, I'll spray it. Thanks for the heads up on the date! -Glenn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here