Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grape leaves curling

Posted by bomber095 z5b MA (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 21, 14 at 20:34

I have a seven year old Blue Concord vine, and for the past three years, I have noticed on the underside of the leaves, there have been "spider web" like masses w. black eggs inside, and where they are, the leaves are curled and folded over. I have no idea what this could be, but this year, I want to nip it in the bud (pardon the pun) before the situation returns.

Anyone have any clue what I'm talking about, or what can be done as preventative maintenance?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grape leaves curling

Did you happen to take any pictures? If so, please post them.

o
RE: Grape leaves curling

It sounds like you have a grape leaffolder infestation. I just removed about 12 leaves from my grapevines and hopefully this will manage my minor infestation. You can also use Sevin dust but I tend to try to avoid using it if I can. Hope this helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here