Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with nectarine tree

Posted by yadyrra CA (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 14, 14 at 21:10

I have a young nectarine tree but I am not sure what it is infested with. I just applied Bayer Insect Control for fruit trees, but I have been doing a bit more research and seems like I might have treated for the wrong thing (not bad either way, something keeps eating the leaves).

One of the limbs is already cracked and Had it not been for my mother, I would have never realized poor thing is being eaten alive.

Anyone with a bit more experience who might be able to guide me in the right direction so I ca apply the correct treatment?

Thank you in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with nectarine tree

• Posted by fruitnut z7b-8a,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
    Mon, Apr 14, 14 at 21:40

Could be bacterial canker. When it's that bad there's not much you can do besides plant another tree. Check out UC Davis info on the subject.

o

Fruitnut, I will check it out and see if there is anything I can do to save it.

Thank you!

o

I don't see any canker ooze there. While it could be canker it could also be physical damage. The shoot coming out on the right was clearly physically damaged so there is some damage going on in the area. There is not a lot you can do about either so it might not matter much. For the holes in the leaves look up shot hole and compare pictures. Its a common disease in the cooler parts of California.

Scott

o

Scottfsmith, my puppy did chew on it until I caught him and grounded him, maybe that has a bit to do with the damage.

So, either way, there is nothing I can do to save it? I have a dwarf lemon and a pomegranate trees, do they risk infection?

Thank you

o

• Posted by fruitnut z7b-8a,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
    Wed, Apr 16, 14 at 12:28

If it's just physical damage it will probably be OK. If it's some disease the other trees might get it but removing this tree probably won't reduce that risk. Those disease organisms are everywhere.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here