Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blueberries starting to flower

Posted by riverman1 (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 2, 13 at 21:55

My blueberries finally starting to flower, two plants have flowers that opened for the first time today. Right on schedule, they opened the same week last year.

RM

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blueberries starting to flower

Exciting stuff RM!!!! I'm just starting to eat some of mine;)

o

I'm jealous of both of you guys.

Our snow has just melted enough that I can finally inspect my blueberry plants to see how they fared over the winter.

o

I'm jealous of both of you guys.

Our snow has just melted enough that I can finally inspect my blueberry plants to see how they fared over the winter.

o

• Posted by ericwi Dane County WI (My Page) on
    Tue, Apr 2, 13 at 22:30

We still have a few patches of snow, but it is going fast. Lake Monona is still covered with ice, and the lawns look pretty sad right now. We do have sandhill cranes and canada geese moving in, & I have seen a few blooming crocus flowers in our neighborhood. But the blueberry shrubs look pretty dormant right now.

o

Sounds like you are a month behind us. Crocus here came out about a month ago.

RM

o

I have picked about 150 pounds so far:) 85 here yesterday.

o

That's awesome bamboo, good for you! I won't get near that this year but I may a few years down the road. My plants are doing well but many still too small to be big producers.

RM

o

Bam, do wait untill 50% of the berries are ripe before picking a cultivar?

o

I try to but generally I do a taste test. Most of the berries go to wine so I don't want them sweet sweet anyway.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here