Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
oneshotveth

Grapes?

oneshotveth
11 years ago

So, I bought a Concord Seedless grape plant, and need to know the best way to plant it. For arguments sake, assume I know nothing, because I don't.

I envision growing it up onto an arbor, and eventually having my wife feed them to me while I'm laying down as someone fans me with a huge palm leaf.... or just to not let it die.

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Comments (2)

• Dzitmoidonc
    11 years ago

That is a nice dream you have. Reality is that what you have is a fairly vigorous vine that will need annual pruning and constant spraying. Concord grapes are immune to just about everything (excepting Japanese Beetles), but seedless Concord grapes start to rot about the 4th of July. This means that from July until September, you have to keep the fungus off. If you get a drought or the humidity is like in Phoenix, you will get a crop without spraying. A small crop, tell your wife to schedule a half-hour sometime in Sept. to pop them in your mouth.

Normal Mass. weather? Then the one or 2 grapes you get without spraying will be hard to find amidst the foliage. Been there, done that, have the grape stump to prove it.

• Edymnion
    11 years ago

Best place to plant them is in the ground. After that, prepare to have the vine take over anything it can reach. =)