Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Apple, for the fun of it

Posted by terrybug 10 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 25, 13 at 22:31

A few months ago we brought some apples I think they were fuji. When we cut it open the seeds were already sprouting. have never seen this before so I thought i would try n grow. Well they sprouted but in the last week or so i notice this red rust forming. Dont know if it was the leaves got wet while watering also it looks like there also powder mildrew. Am new to growing any fruit from seed. Any suggestions or remedy to help it. Will it cause the plant to die? Thanks for your help.
Terry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Apple, for the fun of it

I did the same with my granny smith apple seeds that were sprouted in the apple. I think there is a lot of us that see the sprouted seeds and just can't help but to plant them. I am a novice at this but did you over fertilize it? The other thing might be city water? The rest I will leave to the experts.

o

I potted it with mircle grow, but the weather here in socal have been weird. Right now it been in the 50-60 last two days n before that it was in the 80"s. It's been like that since March hot then cold. Some of my other veg seeds are struggling to germinate. Heres another photo.
Thanks Terry

o

I put mine in miracle potting soil too. Are you growing it outside?

o

Yes they are outside. Don't know much on caring for it, guess i need to read up on it,

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here