Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grape Problem

Posted by pgde Tucson Zone 9 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 25, 12 at 22:49

Please see the issue and picture posted at the AZ Gardening Gardenweb link below. I am having the exact same problem and there doesn't seem to be any answer over on that forum.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated! Or, if this isn't the appropriate forum, a recommendation would also be appreciated...

Thanks so much,

Peter

Here is a link that might be useful: Grape Problem Description and Picture

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grape Problem

Peter:

Looks normal to me. When grapes bloom they shed flower parts and then often many of the little grapes. But this is normal. I was shaking mine today hoping to knock off a few extra grapes. Probably not really making any difference. But I prefer bigger berries and more open clusters so knocking some berries off would aid that. Commercial growers spray hormones to thin the grapes of some varieties like Thompson seedless. This makes bigger berries for table grapes. For raisins no thinning needed.

o

• Posted by pgde Tucson Zone 9 (My Page) on
    Thu, Apr 26, 12 at 1:44

Thanks so much!

Peter

o

Peter:

When the grape blooms it appears that much of the future berry falls off. But this is just the flower opening. This flower forms much of the tip end of the little berry. Even on a berry that sets, all those flower parts fall off. That could look like something is wrong when it's not.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here