Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
conquistador grapes

Posted by ack01 none (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 15, 13 at 23:15

Hi guys, I am in South florida zone 9b. I have a small patch of free land left next to a fence I want to grow some type of vining fruit. My first chouse is grapes. From what I read the conquistador grape is the way to go in my area. the area receives partial shade through out the day due to large oak trees. however I aways like to point out I have Florida sun lol. A light meter in complete shade reports full sun in my back yard. I have a hard time growing any plant that requires any shade. anyways. My plan is to use T-post and galvinized wire to make a trellis. I am going to pull out the soil and mix in 50% compost & 50 of the sand i pulled out. other than that I am at a loss of what to do hehe. Should I run two wire on the trellis or just one? how far should I space the plants. Whats the best way to propagate them? what is the best method of pruning? Or if you have any other tips I would greatly apprciate it. thanx again

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here