Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gstrout123

Apricot Tree Problem

gstrout123
11 years ago

My apricot trees which have been in the ground for three years are starting to leaf out. The first year they grew great but had a bad case of shot-hole fungus toward the end of the first year. During the winter I sprayed them with a copper fungicide at Christmas and in February during the dormant period. The following year it leafed out and grew poorly and once again had a good deal of shot-hole fungus by the end f the season. During the winter, I painted the entire tree with a combination of a neem oil and fungicide to try to get the shot-hole fungus under control. The fungicide was white hence the look of the trees - see attached picture. On one of the trees the new leaves are coming out fine although they are already showing signs of shot-hole fungus. On the others, about a week or two after the new leaves come out, they are shriveling up and turning brown on the limbs. Any idea what might be causing this ? I haven't done anything further to the trees beyond painting them with the oil and fungicide in December.

Comment (1)