Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
American Persimmon Varieties to choose

Posted by tonytran 5 (My Page) on
Tue, May 15, 12 at 0:21

If you are interested in growing American Persimmons, here is the interesting link you can compare American Persimmon sizes and flavors. If anyone know how to post this link for me that will be helpful.

www.exotickerostliny.cz/en/katalog.../68-diospyros-virginiana.html

Tony

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: American Persimmon Varieties to choose

This thread is relevant to my interests.

Here is a link that might be useful: Tony's link

o

Whd23,

Thanks for posting the link. I tried to post it but GW rejected the URL. Plz explained how you be able to do it?

Tony

o

Tony

Very informative link. There are so many varietiies of American Persimmons to choose from. I got to get me some.

FC

o

• Posted by skyjs z8 OR, USA (My Page) on
    Thu, May 17, 12 at 0:07

Somehow, my limited ability to understand the Czech language has prevented me from understanding the content, but I'd love to know what it said. In say, English.
John S
PDX OR

o

I did a quick search and found a link to a very interesting nursery. I learned a lot just reading it. The persimmons are near the bottom.

Here is a link that might be useful: John Gordon Nursery

o

I narrow down to three persimmons trees: Prok, Yates, and Geneva long. Is John Gordon a good place to buy persimmon trees?

FC

o

I am not sure John Gordon is still in business but I can highly recommend Englands orchard in KY. He has a large selection of varieties. He will also custom graft for you.

o

Don't know where they gleaned the info, but some of the descriptions I recognize as my own words, probably garnered from discussions here on this very forum or from the NAFEX fruit discussion e-list.
Additionally, some of the selections are my very own(SFES, for instance), while a few others are selections which were shared with me, and are not widely distributed, even among hardcore persimmon enthusiasts.

o

lucky_p, please say it ain't so.

o

Sorry, 'tis true.
Nice listing, and it's good to see the photos.

Geneva Long did not originate in Sweden - rather, from Dr. George Slate's breeding program at Geneva NY.
Nikita's Gift is a seedling of Rosseyanka, back-crossed to D.kaki, so it's (theoretically) 3/4 D.kaki.

816 and SFES are my own selections/introductions, with the descriptions lifted from discussions elsewhere.
816 is a good persimmon, but tends to overbear - as my description detailed.
SFES is a curiosity - and I need to check it tomorrow to assess whether it's male, female, or polygamodioecious.

o

Lucky,

816, how big is it compare to Jerry Lehman crosses : U-20A, WS8-10, 100-42, 100-43, 100-46, 100-47, and Knightville, I heard these are very big and tasty. In addition, do you know anything about Cliff England new cross from Yates called "Wonderful" and I heard the fruit is even bigger than Prok >5-6cm. I probably buy this variety from him next spring.

Tony

o

Sat, May 19, 12 at 13:53

I bought from John Gordon last year and everything was good.
John S
PDX OR

o

Early on, when I first started watching and evaluating 816, fruits were of good size - not huge, but bigger than average D.virginiana; initial feature that brought it to my attention was early ripening - usually dropping ripe fruits here by 21 Sept. But, over the past 10-12 years, its overcropping habit has become more evident, breaking branches loaded with just average size fully-seeded fruits.
I think I still have an 816 tree in the orchard, but I'm not necessarily recommending it any more. For an early persimmon, NC-10 is better - and bigger fruit.

o
RE: American Persimmon Varieties to choose--John Gordon

Some sad news regarding John Gordon I should pass along:

John is very ill. I placed an order recently, and a family member contacted me with the news and an apology that the order could not be filled. I would advise that the family not be burdened with orders at this time.

I only recently became familiar with John's work. His book on growing nuts, pawpaws and persimmons is really amazing. He has inspired me with many ideas, especially on planting and fertilizing. The book is available free online.

Marc

o

lucky_p, are you aware of a source for NC-1?

o

Mg,

England orchard has nc-10, you just ask cliff and he will custom graft it for you.

Tony

o

Got my NC-10 scionwood from John Gordon 15+ years ago - but, if, as Tony says, Cliff England has it and will graft it, there you go...
Think the Brittains at Nolin River also have it.

o

I emailed Cliff England and he is making me an NC-10; he said he has a few scion still in the fridge. He said he also has a few new varieties:

Summer delight - Ripens in Late July to Early August Medium Size fruit and very sweet Yellow flesh.

Halvin - Found in Iowa very large fruit up to 14 to 16 oz. fruit very tasty and firm flesh.

Prima - From Italy selected for is productivity of heavy crops with Medium to large size fruit mild flavor and light flesh.

I decided to get a Summer Delight also.

Thank you all for your good information.

o

milehigh girl,

I think there's a mix up here. The varieties you listed are pawpaws, not persimmons.

NC-1 is a pawpaw cultivar
NC-10 is persimmon cultivar

Cliff England has both.

Just wanted to make sure you know you're getting pawpaws, and not persimons!

Alex

o

Alex,

Good catch, I hope Milehigh girl did not get the two mixed up, either ways, they both are good quality fruits but different family. NC-10 persimmon belongs to Ebenaceae-Ebony family, and NC-1 Paw paw(Asimina Triloba) belongs to Annonaceae family- related to cherimoya, soursop, and custard apple. They both should do well in Colorado.

Tony

o

What an incredible confusion the simple subtraction of a zero can cause! I just confirmed with Cliff England that the above-mentioned new additions to his collection are in fact pawpaws. So, anyone contacting Cliff with regard to Summer Delight, Halva, or Prima, please be aware that these are not persimmons, but rather pawpaws.

o

Dang. And I was gonna call Cliff about that 1-lb persimmon!
Would have HAD to have it!

o
American Persimmon in Russia

I live in Russia. Belgorod region.
Climate zone 5.
My seedling of unknown cultivar gave fruit.
Look at my video -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK8h6Lu39ig&feature=relmfu

Who has an opinion on what kind of look like?
Taste fine.
The first fruit matured on August 12.
Even now there are 50 fruit per tree, and it was 300.

o

The leafs definately are D. Virginiana and not Kaki. Look kind off like Garretson persimmon to me.

Tony

o

Yes, it is a seedling persimmons virgin.
Thank you Tony.

Tell me, who can buy seedlings or cuttings grade Jerry Lehman: 100-42, 100-43, 100-46, 100-47 or others in USA.

Vladimir.

o

Vladimir,

You can contact Cliff England at England Orchard to buy persimmon scionwoods. He has a large inventory. Or contact Jerry Lehman Himself and pay for postage and see what he can gives you. You can Google Jerry Lehman to get his email. I forgot. Good Luck,

Tony

o

Thank you Tony.

Vladimir.

o

Folks I have heard some good things about Englands Orchard and Nursery from you guys and gails we do try to supply the world with the best plant material that is in Existence today we have over a 500 trees breeding program and fruit selection and developement and we are alway searching for some of the best persimmons in the world we have imported and exported for years and to date we have over a 100 cultivars of persimmon and new ones fruiting each year if I can personaly helpp you find any plant material trees ar scion wood just let me know if I do not have it I do know where it is.

Thank you
Kumme and Clifford England
England�s Orchard and Nursery
2338 HIGHWAY 2004
Mc Kee, KY. 40447-8342
Specializing in alternative crops.
Ph. # 606 965 2228
See us On FACEBOOK Englands Nursery

o

Anyone heard about new varieties of american persimmon called "Caramel Cocktail" and "Sugar daddy"? Any experience with them? It s written that you can enjoy fruits without astrigency but do not believe these are non astringent american persimmons. I mean american persimmon can not be PCNA like Fuyu, Jiro etc. Am I right?

o

Those are very interesting indicente, I wonder where they originated? Could they be familiar varieties with new names? Caramel Cocktail is the female and Sugar Daddy is the companion fruiting male. The description said it can be eaten off the tree and that the flavor is sweet and complex. They are also early fruiters, done in mid-September. I would like to find scion wood, as the grafted trees are expensive and sold out.

o

Caramel Cocktail is H-63A as noted in the review by Jerry Lehman.

o

Sat, Mar 9, 13 at 2:39

Just to clarify, for those seeing that John Gordon was ill, I have heard that he died last year. Has anyone found out if his business is still going? Can we obtain scions from him?
I liked working with him. I have some trees in my yard that I grafted from his scions.
Thanks,
John S
PDX OR

o

Does Jerry Lehman have a web site?

o

milehigh, I don't think that Jerry has a website

My H-63A has fruited for a few years, it is not high on my list.
H-118 and J-59 ripen at about the same time, and to me, both are better. 118 is about the same size, 59 is smaller, but has better flavor, 63A is about one and one half inch, nice looking skin, short on flavor. My H63a is next to Mohler, and I give Mohler a slight edge in flavor over 63A, and Mohler is not real high on my list either.

To me, it sounds like a fancy name for an average fruit.

Last year Jerry tried to pollinate some early Virginiana with a male hybrid, he chose H118 over the other early ones. That says a lot to me about H118

Benny

o

Thank you for explanation Organic-mescalito and Bennyl. So it seems that someone wanted to glorify variety, which is not specific with fruit taste or size. I dont like this kind of marketing acitivities by some plant sellers....For me is better to talk with common gardeners, amateurs.

o

Amercan persimmon in Russia (04-09-13) .
Belogorye.

o

Does anyone else have persimmon trees with such beautiful leaves in September? I sure don't.

o

My I-94A, which I believe was the highest scoring persimmon variety in the Claypool orchard has finally fruited and I'm left disappointed. As early as NC-10, it's medium size and nothing special otherwise as far as I can tell. Sometimes it takes a few years of bearing before these fruits can be properly evaluated so I won't call it a bust just yet.

o

Creekweb, is the fruit on your I94A red in color? Clifford sent me some fruit from I94A last year that was almost as big as Prok. It had the most beautiful red color and the flavor was outstanding.

o

No, I would say that the color was orange and the size medium. I really haven't seen any American persimmons that I would call red in color though. Even my kaki Honan Red looks orange to me.
I would reevaluate my early American persimmon varieties I94A, NC10 and Osage which start in mid August and ripen through September.
I've come to appreciate I94A (I have two trees with identical fruit, scion source Lehman). This variety dries while on the tree and the ripe fruit is somewhat shriveled. This appearance allows fruit to be picked from the tree and eaten with confidence that the astringency is gone; with other trees I only feel as confident with fallen fruit. The drying also boosts the brix making the fruit reminiscent of figs. So I think this drying process with its intensification of flavor and sweetness has much to do with its high rating,
NC10 ripens at the same time. Fallen fruit are not so consistently without astingency. Medium sized, oblong with clean appearance they are moderately sweet but mildly flavored.
Osage has a more intense flavor, few seeds and moderate size. Will drop mature fruit free of astringency.

o

On one of my young Giant Fuyu persimmon tree I noticed one male flower last summer, (small yellowish flower completely different of female flower) Is that mean that my tree is a male? Do anybody please tell me if I ever going to have any fruits on that tree? Or maybe possible on one tree have male and female flowers and I may have persimmons on that tree in the future? Thanks

o

Leo,

Hana Fuyu is also known as Giant Fuyu. ... has a few male flowers every year, So some of the fruits may have seeds.

Tony

o

Tony thank You so much for the answer. You’re the best!
I was about to take the tree out, I thought if it a male tree, I’ll never have persimmons, but you save my tree! Thanks!

o

This is my Hana Fuyu- Giant Fuyu persimmons (first fruits this year) about 10 of fruits on the tree.

Изображение - savepic.org ��
And the other tree has no fruits yet, hopefully next year

o

Leo,

That picture of your fruit looks like Tamopan with the indented ring around the top. I did not think Hana Fuyu had that but I may be mistaken. Is the fruit Astringent while firm? If it is then it is not Hana Fuyu and likely Tamopan.

o

Mon, Nov 4, 13 at 0:24

I have read that the variety "Wabash" has beautiful leaf color in the fall. I can't say anything about the quality of the fruit. Garretson is still my #1 persimmon. Szukis finally flowered and fruited for me and I think that it helped the flavor. In the Claypool trials, the male flower ended up being very important for flavor, but most people today don't seem to think about it much. I'm looking forward to adding Yates or other similar, good tasting early variety. I have NC 10 but it hasn't fruited yet.
John S
PDX OR

o

Leo,

Strudeldog was right, your persimmon photo showed an astringent Tamopan persimmon with the classic cap top.

Tony

Here is a link that might be useful: Tamopan

o

Yes guys you right, my persimmons do look like Tamopan kind. I’m sure I bought the tree with the label as of Giant Fuyu kind (from a very reputable local nursery). I believe I still have a label on my tree. I can’t wait now to come home from work and pick one of my persimmons and try it to see if it has Astringent or not. I’ll let you know.

o

What’re disappointment!!! Came home first thing I did I tried first fruit from my “Giant Fuyu” persimmon tree, and guess what….it had astringency! Now I know for sure that the tree they sold me as Giant Fuyu is not Giant Fuyu, it’s a Tamopan. I still have a tag attached to the tree which I bought from Conrad Schweizer Nurseries in New York (Staten Island) about 2 years ago,I don’t trust that nursery anymore and people stay away from them. I bought that tree, paid money and raised that tree for two years and just find out that tree is not what it says on the tag and what I wanted 
The only good thing is the fruits are really big, about a pound each, but still, I don’t like Astringent. If I leave the fruits until first frost when they’ll be soft, the birds will get them all before me  I’m so upset 

o

Anybody please help me, I want to buy another Fuyu tree, but real Fuyu at this time, who can I trust? From where I can buy? Can I buy from one of you? At least I’ll be sure that it will be real Fuyu, please!!!

o

Leo,

You can get it at EL (eat-it.com), Just fruit and exotic, or Burntridge nursery. Can you ask the owner of nursery to pay 1/2 of the cost for his mistake?

Tony

o

Tony thank You so much for the info. I searched at eat-it.com the tree that I want Jiro Oriental Persimmon it’s $70 tree, which is o.k. for 7 gallons, but they want $100 for shipping +tree cost
At burntridgenursery.com for example HANA FUYU PERSIMMON (Diospyros kaki) very cheap only $25 (probably tree is small) and I don’t know is tree grafted or not. Also I don’t like that they have same picture of fruit for different varieties.
Tony what is your suggestion about what is the best non Astringent kind of persimmon? My other tree Giant Fuyu I bought from Wills Orchards (didn’t have fruits yet) but I’m hoping it will be Giant Fuyu, not something else. I want to buy other not Astringent persimmon, but not Hana or Giant Fuyu, maybe just plain Fuyu since they starts fruiting earlier then Giant Fuyu? I live in zone 7 New York. Can I buy small grafted tree from you? Please email me alenka9999@gmail.com

o

Leo,

Burntridge is decent. I bough a Nikita's Gift from them 4 yrs ago and they sent me a 4 feet tall tree for $25. Majority of Asian persimmons are grafted on either native American or D Lotus rootstocks. You can call Michael at BR to verify. Native American persimmon rootstock is more cold hardy then D. lotus. I bought my Ichi Kei Ki Jiro from Starkbros nursery about four year ago also and it was very cold hardy, early ripening, and sweet. Tam Kam is another excellent non-astringent, large and sweet per Alex on this forum but mostly sold out by now. Sorry That I don't have any grafted Asian persimmon for sale. You can check with Cliff England At Nuttrees.net and he can graft about any Asian Persimmon varieties for you. Also check out Raintree nursery, One Green World, Just fruit and exotic nursery in Florida, Strakbros nursery and Legg creek farm in Texas.

Tony

This post was edited by tonytran on Mon, Nov 4, 13 at 23:15

o

Sorry Leo,

I have a Tamopan and they are a very large fruit and the ring/cap makes it very easy to Id. I would show the nursery this thread and ask them to make it right. On the positive at least it was not a pecan that that you cared for maybe 12 years to find mislabeled.

Tony listed some nurseries that carry a good selection, and a couple good choices. I am on beach vacation and stopped at Just Fruits and exotics yesterday. I wanted to add a Tam Kam, but they were out. I have a young self-grafted one but I am impatient. I did pick up a Gwang Yang.

o

Thank you so much guys. Tony I did research all website you gave me, and my 1-st choice is: TAM KAM NON-ASTRINGENT PERSIMMON. I like it because it’s Very Sweet, bright orange, high quality fruit weighing about 6 oz. most winter hardy
Just Fruits and exotics carry them, and Tony you were right …of cause right now they out of stock, but I will wait till spring and maybe they’ll have them. Tomorrow I’ll call them (they closed today) and maybe they’ll put me on a waiting list.
strudeldog Gwang Yang that you bought also a good choice, very similar to Tam Kam.
The nursery which made a mistake I bought my tree from: Conrad Schweizer Nurseries in New York, Staten Island I don’t think she will pay 1/2 of the cost for her mistake. I’ll try to go there one day and tell her what happened; I’ll let you know what she’ll tell me

o

Tony thanks again for the website, I just ordered 4 trees from Just Fruits and Exotics, and at spring I’ll order TAM KAM. I spoke to the man (I forgot his name) he was really nice and helpful! I like that they’ll send trees in the 3 gallon container, (no bare roots).
I supposed to get my package next week, I’m not sure if I can plant my trees now in November or keep them in my garage for winter and plant them next spring, what do you suggest? I’m afraid the weather here in New York getting much colder compare to Florida, I don’t want my trees to stress :)

o

Leo,

The trees will stay dormant in the garage and just remember to keep the soil moist through out the winter months and then plant them in the spring. Once in a while, I overwinter my young Kaki grafts in the garage.

Tony

o

Tony thank You so much for your help, I’m so happy now!!! I will water my trees in the garage about once a week, and they don’t need light right? Because no leafs. In February-March I’m going to Russia (Ukraine) where I was born, maybe I’ll bring another persimmon tree (small plant) if they’ll come out with something new :)

o

Leo,

Yes, no light needed. You have a nice trip. I hope you can bring back a nice variety so we can share scionwoods for grafting someday.

Tony

o

Thanks Tony, and of cause I’ll let you know what I’ll bring from Russia :)

o

So, back to the original post. I now have Virginiana rootstock to graft to. (seeing as my NC-10 died back to rootstock). I also have Rosseyanka, Smith's Best, and Great Wall. Can anyone suggest a good cultivar that will fit well with these?

Also, would it be wise to get a male scion as well?

o

leo_leo_1

Try to get scions and find more information about new ukraine persimmon selections named Gora Goverla, Gora Roman Kosh, Nikita ´s Gift no.2. Their were selected from original Nikita and should have bigger fruits, but there are not so often yet...

o

According to Russian site I was reading:
http://idealsad.net.ua/hurma-gora-goverla.html
Gora Goverla which is: Хурма Gора Gоверла it’s the best kind of persimmons, fruits are big up to 350g. It’s a big tree about 5 miters high, Very cold resistant - 26 Celsius
Persimmon Gora Roman Kosh which is Хурма Gора Роман Кош http://sadovodstvo.in.ua/p15870692-hurma-sort-gora.html
Hybrid, also very cold resistant -25°С , fruits are large, delicious taste, ripens in beginning of November and can stay on the tree until middle of January . Very productive tree, (a lot of fruits on the tree) but size of the tree- small, about 2-2.7 miters.
They have a lot of tree for sale in Ukraine now (about 25$ each) I don’t know if I’m allowed to bring the tree to USA, but will definitely bring scionwoods for grafting :)

o

Amercan persimmon in Russia . Belgorod region . Shebekino
Meader, Keener and Belogorye.

o

Sheb,

Nice looking Am. persimmon fruits. You should try Rossyanka hybrid persimmon that is hardy to -20F. Or even Nikita's Gift hybrid persimmon ( mine was as sweet as Hachiya Asian persimmon) hardy to -10F, and with growing on the south side of the house plus winter protection possibly down to -15F.

Tony

o

Shebekino У Вас есть саженцы?

o

Good day Vitalya.

Yes.

Vladimir.

o

Hi Tony.

Thank you.
Rossyanka hybrid and Nikita's Gift hybrid persimmon frost has less than Keener. These varieties do not fit my climate.

Vladimir

o

Hi Shebekino!
You think it's possible to send small plants or scionwood to Europe?

Thanks!

o

Hi Rofig!

I do not know how to do this, it is necessary to examine this issue.

But,
You can contact Cliff England at England Orchard to buy persimmon scionwoods and plant. He has a large inventory.

Thanks!

Vladimir.

o

Just got burned fro Stark Brothers nursery. Sold me a Prok persimmon select tree and two weeks later told me they were sold out. Maybe should have mentioned this before I paid.... Now having a tough time finding any in stock at the other stores. Be care with these jokers.

o

Omicron,

Maybe you missed a persimmon thread, but I have no idea which one.

o

Where can I buy a Geneva Long persimmon tree?

o

Hoover,

I got mine from John Gordon but he passed away. You can try Cliff England at Nuttrees.net.

Tony

o

have begun to get into persimmons, found this forum by chance and joined, I recently bought some persimmon seedlings for use as rootstock from a person I trust. what would happen if I let some of the rootstock grow with out grafting anything to the tree? Would fruit be viable? Not sure of parent, possible yates and prok with unknown male. zone 5

This post was edited by DavidW58 on Wed, Jul 9, 14 at 10:10

o

David,
Nothing wrong with letting those seedlings grow - but it's a crapshoot as to whether or not you'll end up with staminate(nonfruiting) males, or females that could be the greatest new selection or a really crappy fruiter.
If you've got space and 8-10 years to wait to find out what you've got...

o

Actually, I prefer to go that route. I've had much more success letting seedlings grow in the field. I've direct seeded and started some under lights in rootmaker cells in the winter. You can grow them very inexpensively this way and plant them by the hundreds. You can then pick the best when they hit about 1" in diameter and bark graft them.

Bare root persimmons don't transplant well. Some will be fine, but many will have a hard time with the transplant stress. Many leaf out very late and some will die above the graft and some will just die.

When the root stock is well established in the field, bark grafting seems to work very well with little chance of the tree dying. If the graft fails (which is pretty infrequent), you can just let water sprouts grow near the top and cut right below them and try again the next spring.

o

What a disappointment again
Can’t trust anybody…
As you know one of my tree from local nursery instead of Giant Fuyu turned out being Tamopan :( I had another Giant Fuyu, (I ordered few years ago from Willis Orchards in 2011) so I hoped that one will be real Giant Fuyu, and guess what? This year finally it gave me fruits, and look at this, I don’t think it’s Giant Fuyu :( I like Non-Astringent Varieties, and this one looks like HACHIYA?

o

Leo

Sorry to hear the same problem again. Next time buy your persimmon trees at Just Fruit and Exotic.

Tony

o

I can't say enough good about the trees I got from JF&E. They were absolutely beautiful!

o

Thanks Tony. Last fall you advised me about JustFruitsandExotic.com and thank you so much for that. I ordered 4 trees from them last fall (Jiro). I kept them in the garage over the winter and planted them at spring. I like those trees! But Giant Fuyu was Out of Stock, they put me on a waiting list. Hopefully this fall I’ll order Giant Fuyu from them.

o

Can you graft the fruiting females to non fruiting seedling males like you can with mulberries for example?

o

Clark
Sure. You can multi grafts to the male tree and also use it as a pollinator.

Tony

o

Any guesses about this tree? Its "parent" was planted about 60-70 years ago, and this one was planted by the birds about 30 years ago. They are both about ~40 feet, and seem to have fruited much better since I began bee keeping - the fruit is much larger. I'm in Illinois, zone 5, and the first tree was planted by grandparents who were avid gardeners, cooks, and farmers.

o

Tbeck.

It is a native American persimmon but the variety is very difficult to tell because there are so many different varieties out there.

Tony

o

Thank you Tony! Very kind of you to answer. I attached a picture of the male (left) and female (right). I also have a picture of the seeds but can only post 1 pic at a time. There is a larger and better looking male a short distance from the ones in the pic and 2 more females. They are very old trees. My mother-in-law had told me they are sour and she didn't like them so I have been mowing over the fruit for years. The yard always smells like a brewery in the fall. After doing a little research I discovered why they made her "pucker". I began to wonder why our grand parents planted them so long ago and did some limited research. They aren't ripe yet but I picked some and placed them in my apple barrel to ripen. I'm looking forward to cooking with them but apparently I need to know a little more before I can choose which recipes, thus my quest for the persimmon info :)

o

Here are the seeds - only 2 in the fruit.

o

If you are looking for recipes and such you might want to check out this link.

Here is a link that might be useful: persimmon pudding web site

o

American persimmon in Russia

o

shebenko,
Is the fruit in the upper right corner 'Geneva Long'?
Certainly resembles it.

o

Lucky_p,

No. Is the fruit in the upper right corner "Prok".

o

As I do not get a lot of time to read all I would Like when I do I find some very interesting commits and I am thankful We do have many persimmons available this year and others we are sold out of but this coming season we will have a large selection to choose from as we will have some many root stock that it will take the majority of the farm trees scion wood to graft all the root stock we will have . Many new and exciting cultivars will be introduced and some for the first time cultivars such as Kasandra , Sistroyonka = big sister and a few that are so large and hardy that you would swear they are Kaki

Last winter was a very hard one for us as the winter temps reach minus 23.4 Celsius or -11 degrees F and we lost 268 grafted Kaki trees there are some survivors like Korea Kaki, Inchon, Vaniglia, , CHinibel, Miss Kim, Shan Xi, Orest, and Chibacha that had not winter injury at all look forward to talking with all of you

Cliff England

o

Shebekino that is some very nice looking fruit good size and pretty colour

Thank you

Cliff

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here