Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
toddfiala

Flamin Fury PF-24C coldhardy peach

toddfiala
14 years ago

I am thinking about planting a Flamin Fury PF-24C coldhardy peach tree next spring and was wondering if anyone has had any experience they would like to share about this tree, such as fruit quality, ripening dates, and production reliability. How does it compare to Reliance? We had some temperature fluctuations this spring, with some really cold days in April here in southeast Nebraska. My Reliance did not bloom as well as last year and it looks like there will be no need for thinning. Other peach trees I have are Belle of Georgia, which did not bloom at all this year, and my Flat Wonderful had only a light scattering of blossoms, but it did not set much fruit last year either. I am interested in the PF-24C because I have read about it being a reliable cropper, but my only source of information has been nursery websites that sell this tree and Paul Friday's website, which, of course, will give it a good review. I am hoping to get an unbiased opinion from real-life experience with this tree.

Todd

Comments (4)