Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
So I found this black Strawberry plant...

Posted by the15thwiseone 5 (My Page) on
Thu, May 3, 12 at 3:24

I've been looking for a REALLY dark fleshed strawberry, and fell upon a link online that described black strawberry as a delicacy in Europe around the 1800s. These berries all but were elusive on my search until i came upon these seeds from china.

The seeds are a light green and the fruit changes to black upon ripening...the leaves are the same color as the seeds, kinda looks...spooky just about as spooky as a pineberry.

Here is the Link:

http://www.aliexpress.com/product-fm/551330044-About-100Pcs-Pack-Strawberry-Fruit-Black-Strawberry-High-Survival-Home-Garden-Free-Shipping-wholesalers.html

Look real or fake? This item has several transactions so..i can tell you most of them are positive feedback!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: So I found this black Strawberry plant...

The picture looks photoshopped/color adjusted. If the green were a more natural green in the photo, I'd say maybe, but to me, looks like a bad color adjustment in photoshop. Probably a quite dark burgundy/red/purple when ripe, but I doubt it's that black.

I'm voting "fake". Would someone try to cheat the consumer with false advertising? Perish the thought.

o

There are 2 reviews that are 5 stars, and im guessing the color accuracy wasnt an issue! it looks alien like for sure but black strawberries have existed before in eurasia so this might be one of the remaining population. the other one ive personally seen is a black with purple seeds. Or black with white seeds. true black fruit are rare even in such a fruit with such variance of color like the strawberry.

o

Well, clearly the color has been altered. And, the 2 reviews don't mean much of anything, they could easily be submitted by the seller, no guarantee that what this Chinese seller is selling indeed looks like this (highly doubtful). Of course you can alway buy some, grow them and find out. You're asking us on the forum if this is "real or fake". Denninmi and I are both saying "fake". Or at least, certainly not this "fake" colorized photo clearly Photoshopped. Perhaps a darker burgundy, but not this color.

Patty S.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here