Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jellyman, how is your Eureka persimmon tasting?

Posted by PersianMD2Orchard none (My Page) on
Sun, May 27, 12 at 5:29

Was wondering for an update on your three persimmons. I'm in the market for an astringent flat shaped variety. I can only find Eureka reports near/in Texas but I'm in Virginia. Seems only options readily available and talked about are Great Wall and Eureka. Great Wall sounds more cold hardy, but Scott did not think too highly of the flavor, consistency, or size. How is the Eureka doing for you in VA taste-wise and any frost damage?

Thanks a lot!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jellyman, how is your Eureka persimmon tasting?

Persian,
You can look at Just fruits and exotics nursery persimmons and choose the astringent flat variety for your zone.

FC

o

Shin is flat shaped and turned out to be somewhat astringent here. It is extremely precocious.

o

Thanks I will look into Shin. Since it was only partially astringent though did the full ripe flavor only get partially as good/sweet as a fully ripe astringent? know of any sources?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here