Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Florida Hill Nursery and mislabeled Sweetcrisp

Posted by bennyl 6 E. Tn. (My Page) on
Wed, May 30, 12 at 7:32

After reading the posts on here about mislabeled Sweetcrisp, I am concerned that I might have the wrong plants, and do not want to wait a few years to find out if they are wrong, so I sent an email to Florida Hill Nursery. They replied that the incorrect shipment was an ISOLATED INCIDENT, and that the plants shipped on my order date were correct. Considering what I have read on this forum, I find that a little difficult to believe.

If anyone is sure that they have received incorrect plants, can you furnish the date that the plants were shipped. My order was in the fall of 2011.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Florida Hill Nursery and mislabeled Sweetcrisp

Mine were shipped in June 2011.

o

ditto here, june 2011.

Scott

o

Oct 2011 here

o

blueboy:

Are you sure yours aren't Sweetcrisp? Have you tasted fruit?

o

You got a good point Fruitnut, I havent tasted any fruit yet but the 2 Sweetcrisp I got from JF&E looking nothing like the ones from FHN. They are still small so its hard to look at the growth pattern to tell but the leafs are very different. The shape, color and serrated edges are nothing like my other sweetcrisp. I actually had to send them pics of there plants and the ones from JF&E. They determined that they were not the same variety.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here