Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bacterial Canker??? What's wrong with my tree?

Posted by Ms.TiaMaria none (My Page) on
Fri, May 4, 12 at 7:32

Help! What's wrong with my apricot tree? Is this bacterial canker??? Link to the pictures:

http://apricottreetroubles.shutterfly.com/pictures#n_5

Password: 44779

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bacterial Canker??? What's wrong with my tree?

Tia, if you just copy the HTML code (NOT the URL, but the HTML code string) for your photos right into the body of your message, we can then see the photos right in the message, instead of having to go to your personal photo site and use your ID and password (not really a good idea).

Patty S.

o

Patty, I don't know the difference between the url and html. I'm computer stupid.

o

Just try to make your profile "UnPrivate" so that you can just post a link straight to your photos.

And html is usually a long chain of numbers and letters under or around your photo somewhere. Sometimes called a tag.

o

Unfortunately, Shutterfly doesn't give you an HTML code option. It just gives you an embedded code for Facebook/Blogger (you can get to the embedded code, but it's not in the correct coding string for GardenWeb, which uses basic HTML). I would suggest using Photobucket.com. It is much easier. Once you've uploaded your photos and go back to your album, all you have to do is simply float your mouse over a photo. A code window pops right up. Just left click once in the HTML code window, and it gets copied immediately to your Windows Clipboard. Then, all you need to do is enter another message here, and RIGHT click in the body of the message and select "Paste". The HTML code will then be pasted right into the body of your message. When you then click on "Preview Message", your photo will show up (you'll know you copied the correct code, then.) Very simple :-)

Patty S.

o

Thank you Patty!!!! Here are the pictures

Here is a link that might be useful: sick apricot

o

Looks like some form of bacterial canker. Did you buy it from the nursery like that? If so I would show them the pictures if it has a warranty. I think you can apply copper to try and stop it or if its on a branch you can cut back to green wood (try to cut way back away from the canker) On the trunk try a copper spray(Bonide or Something similar) You can cut it back down but it might kill the tree and I dont know if new growth would begin again. It might but Im unsure.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here