Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pluto1415

Berry

About 5 years ago I purchased a berry (don't remember if it's raspberry or blackberry) plant at the local big box store - then promptly forgot about it laying in a corner near my porch. The following season, I dug a hole for what I knew had to be a dead plant. It did nothing that year and I put in a vegetable garden the next spring, close to what I thought was a dead plant.

Well that plant has returned, with a vengeance. Last year it produced a few malformed berries - nothing edible. This year it has flowered like made, I'm hoping it will actually produce something I can eat. Unfortunately, it's threatening to take over my vegetable garden so it needs moved. When would it be OK for me to dig it up and move it to another area of my yard?

Comments (2)

• fruitnut Z7 4500ft SW TX
    11 years ago

Move it next spring before growth begins. If you try to move it now it will die, which from your description might not be a bad thing. But my view counts not at all.

• Pluto1415 (6a/b, NE Ohio)
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I really don't want it to die, that's why I asked when I should move it. I just don't want it to take over my vegetable garden. Right now it's starting to push into at least 2 of my tomato plants. I realize it's my fault for putting in the garden so close, but I thought it was dead.

I'd love nothing more than to get enough berries to make a pie, that's all I want out of it.

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?