Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Berry

Posted by pluto1415 5 (My Page) on
Tue, May 29, 12 at 8:26

About 5 years ago I purchased a berry (don't remember if it's raspberry or blackberry) plant at the local big box store - then promptly forgot about it laying in a corner near my porch. The following season, I dug a hole for what I knew had to be a dead plant. It did nothing that year and I put in a vegetable garden the next spring, close to what I thought was a dead plant.

Well that plant has returned, with a vengeance. Last year it produced a few malformed berries - nothing edible. This year it has flowered like made, I'm hoping it will actually produce something I can eat. Unfortunately, it's threatening to take over my vegetable garden so it needs moved. When would it be OK for me to dig it up and move it to another area of my yard?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Berry

Move it next spring before growth begins. If you try to move it now it will die, which from your description might not be a bad thing. But my view counts not at all.

o
RE: Berry

I really don't want it to die, that's why I asked when I should move it. I just don't want it to take over my vegetable garden. Right now it's starting to push into at least 2 of my tomato plants. I realize it's my fault for putting in the garden so close, but I thought it was dead.

I'd love nothing more than to get enough berries to make a pie, that's all I want out of it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here