Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
If you have fruit, its time to watch for PC

Posted by franktank232 z5 WI (My Page) on
Tue, May 1, 12 at 8:59

Tonight shows a low of 61F here...this warmth should overspread most of the midwest/lakes and then points east. Highs the next 3 or 4 days should be near 80F here in S Wisconsin with warm overnights. Plum Curculio should go nuts this week. I sprayed all my apricots last night. I'll put a spray on the plums tonight. I'll probably break out the Surround for the sweet cherries...that seemed to work well last year.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: If you have fruit, its time to watch for PC

PC are mostly done here, I haven't found fresh marks on plums for over a week, only apples are still being hit and it seems to be winding down there as well. They were out early and have been doing their thing during the small warm blips we have been having.

The CM seems to be flummoxed by the weather, I have yet to find a live worm in an apple. Quite a few entries and sometimes they wander around just under the skin but nobody is surviving. I think the cold weather has not been good for burrowing. The OFM on the other hand is having its usual party in the peach tips. Not too many so far, so either there is a small generation or they are more spread out than usual -- my peaches are at 6" shoot and thats usually when their party is in full swing.

Scott

o

I am definitely watching for PC. No signs yet, but have sprayed the apricots, plums and peaches. My fruit is very slow to set and grow this year. My trees so far behind both of yours. Apricots are passed shuck-split, and peaches are just beginning shuck-split and plums are at petal drop. I have a long summer ahead of me. (have used the triazicide-immunox combo). Mrs. G

o

Sprayed yesterday. Wondering now how rainproof triazide is.

o

Lost 80% of my apples last year to PC. Got out there early this year and sprayed Triazicide. I also wonder how rainproof it is. I think my timing was good this year. Keeping my fingers crossed.

o

With Triazicide use a sticker. That'll help. Of course, don't use it if you have Captan in your mix.

o

I was out at several sites today and Mon and saw not a single PC scar on uninsecticided fruit . Unlike my poor pittiful frost scarred site most of my clients have amazing fruit set of everything from plums, cots through apples. Cots are half way to full size. Latest apples refuse to drop petals creating a real problem.

o

Harvest-

You think they all froze solid?

The remaining apricots look great. I think its going to be an early year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here