Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Triazicide now or waste of time?

Posted by Dan.NY 5b (My Page) on
Fri, May 9, 14 at 9:02

I will visit my orchard this weekend and was planning to do first fungus spray and wondered 1) If this is a good idea now and 2) Should I tank mix triazicide with it now?

I will not be able to visit the orchard again until memorial day weekend and I am fearing that will be late to spray for insects and such. I realize or think its early to spray but due to timing thought it better. This is my question.

My location is central NY, finger lakes region, just out of the zone 6 that reaches up into NY. I am a good zone 5b. I mention all this as I currently do not know the state of bloom and such there and think this will help to determine what I should do. I do know dandelions are NOT out there yet and suspect all fruit blossoms are not out yet either.

Suggestions?? Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Triazicide now or waste of time?

First question is what fruits you're growing there. Most important question is the state of bloom.

If apples, they probably do need a fungicide application at this time for scab.

o

No, you will have to wait. Trees will be about ready to bloom, I think. The fungicide is fine.

o

I have apples, pears, peaches. WIll spray Rampart actually as I have it and its rated for all these. Have been using it some and its worked out OK. I just need to get on it more often Ithink. I guess I figured it was early for insecticide but hoped someone would say its not. Hope memorial day weekend is OK. blah. Is it time to retire to my orchard yet??? Thanks for info.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here