Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
fertilize blueberries w/fruit on them?

Posted by blaferby 9 (My Page) on
Thu, May 3, 12 at 9:21

Once blueberries set fruit, should they get fertilizer?
Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: fertilize blueberries w/fruit on them?

I don't fertilize much when blueberries are fruiting. But there's nothing wrong or right about that. My criteria is to fertilize when I want more vegetative growth. Since you are zone 9 you will, like me, have plenty of time after fruiting to get new growth.

This is my usual pattern this time of year, harvest, prune as needed, and fertilize for new growth. But sometimes the plant makes plenty of new growth with the spring flush. Then I only fertilize about once a month all summer. If forcing new growth it's nitrogen once a week. This is all in pots and using 21-0-0, ammonium sulfate at one tablespoon per 3 gal water.

o
RE: fertilize blueberries w/fruit on them?

fruitnut, with this fertilizing regiment rapid growth is an understatement. Thanks for sharing it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here