Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone want stone fruit seeds?

Posted by fruitnut z7,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
Sat, May 5, 12 at 10:42

I have stratified seeds of the following: Tomcot and Rodada apricots; Flavor King, Flavor Grenade, Geo Pride, Flavor Treat, and Flavor Finale pluots. I tested a few apricots and they are germinating but there are no assurances on that front. These were grown in my greenhouse so the pollen parent is unknown but should at least be a good fruit.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone want stone fruit seeds?

If interested send me an email with your address and what you'd like, via my page. Don't have that many seeds.

o

Fruit-

Are they sprouting already? I have pluots right now from last summer that are about a foot tall...

o
RE: Anyone want stone fruit seeds???

A few seeds are sprouting but they've been in the frige getting stratified.

o

Oh Yes I'm very interested In some seeds !But I can't find yu'r mail adres:-(

o

alcedo:

Check my membership page again. I tried to make that change. Don't know how that got turned off.

o

I'm very interested. I'm just getting started with my first orchard and I'm looking for as much variety as I can find.

o

Any low chill variety Apricots(less than 400)? My grandmother really enjoys them

o

The seedling trees won't produce exactly the same as the tree the fruit came from. Will be potluck as far as what you get 7 to 12 years from now.

o

That's the fun of it, chances are pretty high in stone fruits, graft the seedlings onto a mature tree and cut time about in half to see fruit.

o

Seeds are all spoken for.

In my climate I'd expect fruit off seedling apricot and pluot in 3-4 years. Seedling apricot fruit almost as fast as grafted. I've grown those many times and most are very productive. Fruit is usually pretty good to fair.

o

apricots i swear grow faster then peach seedlings...at least some do.

o

So far it's been all Flavor Treat, fruitnut,with six popping up.I'm happy,but I think I read in some of your previous posts that it takes quite awhile for the fruit to mature.
Well,I'm making a small greenhouse and possibly we'll have a summer to remember in the Pacific Northwest one of these years and I'll get some fruit. Thanks again,Brady

o

Brady:

I planted a few and got nothing so you are ahead of me. I love the Flavor Treat; big, firm, and beautiful. The most likely male parents are Flavor Grenade, Flavor King, or Flavor Finale; all great fruits. Yours are unlikely to be nearly as good but you have a chance.

o

I forgot to ask,do they need a pollinator?I have a tree with Shiro,Santa Rosa,Damson and Italian Plums.Thanks,Brady

o

Brady: That would probably work but pollination requirements can be pretty specific. They might pollinate each other or even need something like an apricot. You could have a plumcot like Flavorella that needs an apricot pollinator.

o

Okay good,there is also a Puget Gold Apricot on that same tree.I'll have plenty of time to research before they are ready. Brady

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here