Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
desifern

Peach Tree Canker Identification Help?

DesiFern
12 years ago

Hi Guys,

I'm a new peach tree owner. I bought a semi-dwarf reliance peach last year, and it survived the winter.

When I purchased it it had a wound that was on it's way to becoming a canker, but I treated it with copper anti-fungal spray and then applied Doc Farwells, Heal and Seal, and that wound has since sealed up.

This year after many days of heavy rain it started to ooze an amber gel from the trunk (not the bottom of the trunk as borers would indicate), but mid range and not through a hole. I've read that young genetic dwarf peach trees tend to do that when they're young and pull up too much water, but this isn't a genetic dwarf, although it is a young tree.

And so I'm wondering if it has a bacterial canker. I wiped off the gel, but I've shot some photos of the area that this was happening in, you'll notice it has some areas of discoloration on the underside of the branches, and one area where a branch was trimmed off the trunk.

I know you guys know your stuff, is any of this worrisome, or am I just too vigilant?

{{gwi:95862}}

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

{{gwi:95863}}

{{gwi:95864}}

Comments (2)