Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spray then rain...

Posted by franktank232 z5 WI (My Page) on
Wed, May 2, 12 at 11:11

What is the thinking on spraying and then 6 hrs later a heavy rain (1/2 inch)? I put on a thick coat of Permethrin. Did i just waste my time? I had to do it. Last night was very warm and humid... Looks like more rain this afternoon and more chances through the week. Probably figure on spraying again once we dry out?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spray then rain...

That's exactly what happened to me, Frank -- I sprayed Sunday night, then it rained Monday morning. My thought, I'm going to spray again about Sunday after the cold front passes.

I don't think this was a waste. Yes, some no doubt washed off. But I look at it this way -- if some washes off, it might be 75% or 50% or 25% effective. If we HADN'T sprayed at all, it is 0% effective. And, most of this stuff isn't THAT expensive anymore, the Once and Done is pretty cheap at least, so it's not like its megabucks going down the drain.

o

Good to know... This was on 2 plums trees that I know will get hit hard by PC and every year I swear I'm a day late on spraying them.

o

I think the key is did it have time to dry before the rain.

o

I hope so. I won't be able to spray again for a week, with all the constant rain. Fortunately, it's too late now for scab here.

o

It should have had time...its not like it was that humid and there was a light wind.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here