Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rain-rain-rain then shot hole

Posted by john222-gg Mississippi 8a/8b (My Page) on
Sat, May 10, 14 at 11:40

3 weeks ago 4" 2 weeks ago 9" last night 4". All my fruit trees are doing good all but the plums. shot hole is killing me. I use a very aggressive spray program witch normally keeps every thing in check this year the rain is winning. I normally spray every 14 days. The apples look ok but I am scared of car. What I am wondering can I spray the plums after the heavy rain to control the shot hole. And if so how often is too often. It rains a lot where I live. Most sprays say to spray more if wet weather. I live 30 min from Mobile AL. witch is one of the wettest towns in the nation. Need advice on spray program. Like I said peaches,apples,pears,persimions,citrus,ju jube,paw-paw,and figs all look ok only plums look sad.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rain-rain-rain then shot hole

There is not much you can do after shuck split. Both copper and myclobutanil should not be used later in the season. One thing you can do now is prune the trees to be less dense, that will help them dry out faster. Then just after the leaves fall this fall hit them with copper, and again in spring just before buds pop.

Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here