Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lawanddisorder

Peach Leaf Curl

lawanddisorder
10 years ago

Hi,

I am so bummed. I woke up today and checked on my trees and noticed one of my peach trees (flavorcrest variety) is infected with peach leaf curl.

The new shoots have leaves about 1 to 1.5 inches and some of the shoots are worse than others. We had rain the past couple days and lower temperatures and I guess it encouraged the fungal growth.

Is there anything I can do to it now to make it go away? I know the ideal time to treat it is in early winter after leaves fall, which I did, with a copper fungicide...any idea why I was unsuccesful at preventing it this year? I don't think it was even affected last year; I was just being overly careful - at least that was what I thought.

Even if there is nothing I can do to rid the tree of it now, what should I do to help the tree grow this summer while it is infected?

Does this mean I won't get any fruit this year? It had a ton of flowers and looked like it had a bunch of fruit buds. I have had it for a full year now, and I suspect it was s few years old before I got it. It is approx 6 feet tall.

I realize I asked a ton of questions, here, but any info on peach leaf curl would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments (4)