Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Something Not Going Right

Posted by Fred_1933 7b (My Page) on
Thu, May 23, 13 at 12:51

I'm disappointed in my Triple Crown blackberry plants that I planted last year (2012). I have three TP's in my patch along with Natchez, Apache, Navajo, and Prime Jan. One of the TP plants has about 6' Floricane and has three new Primocranes growths coming up. These new Primocanes are already two feet tall. The other two (2) plants did not fair well last years during the 110 temp. we had in late Jul, Aug, and early Sept. I kelp them watered well during this long heat spell. The two TP are smaller than the other one with the new canes. NOTE: I don't see any new Primocanes coming up on the two smaller plants. I'm hoping the two smaller plants will get the idea this is spring and it's time to shoot some new canes up.
Has anyone else had this problem, or I'm I just too impatient?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Something Not Going Right

Be patient. My Triple Crown has far outgrown the other varieties (Chester, Apache, Arapaho, Navaho, Ouchita, Black Satin, Doyle), but it is always the last one to start putting on vegetative growth (excluding the Doyle). It sounds like your one Triple crown is doing ok but the others may be somewhat stunted from the heat/drought last year. They may be a little slower getting established. I'd probably mulch them kind of heavy, fertilize them some, and keep watering.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here