Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lowes Clearance Sale

Posted by insteng none (My Page) on
Fri, May 24, 13 at 13:03

I was checking at Lowes yesterday for some stuff for my house and noticed they had a clearance sale on a bunch of plants and trees. I picked up 3 Wonderful Pomergranites about 5' tall for $6 each, as well as a couple of Niagra Grapes for $2. I'm not too worried if the grapes produce but for the price I figured I had nothing to lose. I already have more grapes than I know what to do with growing wild in my pasture. The Pomergranites had a couple fruit on them already. They said they will put the remainer of their fruit trees on sale probably next week. I might pick up a couple plum trees, and a Satsuma Orange. I figure for $6 you can't go wrong and I can always graft them if I don't like the fruit.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lowes Clearance Sale

And where do you live? our lowes is stingy I live in Annapolis Maryland

o

I live in Houston, Texas. Every year around this time they clear out their surplus trees at clearance. They get their stock from a Texas nursery called Womacks.

o

Our just want too rip ya off

o

Which Lowes had the poms on sale?

o

The Lowes on Bunkerhill and I-10. They still had a few left yesterday. They were selling them out pretty fast. I would also check with your local store and talk to the nursery manager. They seem to have a lot of leeway as far as discounting plants. Last year I bought several peach and nectarine trees from them for $6. They are all growing great this year. They all had fruit but a late freeze at my ranch got most of the fruit this year.

o

Speaking from a former employee of Home Depot, the discounts available are really not at HD or Lowe's discretion. The trees come from a nursery who sets the price. It's a great opportunity to get some plants, just be sure they are healthy.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here