Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This is main problem

Posted by john222-gg Mississippi 8b/9 (My Page) on
Sat, May 11, 13 at 13:25

it is still raining.now I am seeing problems on my apple trees. this is a Fuji apple young tree abought 4 years old first time to see this.applied fertilizer first of march 4 cups 13-13-13.Thinking abought trying slow release.Found some 12-6-6 willing to try any thing one time.Can't find tangle foot will have to order on line.thanks for all the help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This is main problem

John,

Do you talk with other growers in your state to see how they cope with all that rain? We have trouble here in the summer when our rains start....with our sand the N just runs right through but the mulch really really helps.

o

Bamboo
the rain has stopped for about an hour.The apple trees are on top of a hill I think I have just had so much rain it has leached out my soil.going to try slow release.will post pics in near future.thanks for input

o

I would think that the pattern on the leaf might be giving a clue to the problem. That is the yellow veins and yellow around the edge of each leaf.

Not sure what that combo corresponds to, but the edge yellowing might be a sign of Mg deficiency. If that were the case then it might respond to a spray of epsom salt solution (you'll need to look up the dilution). If it is a lack of Mg, then adding more N fertilizers would make the problem worse (N and Mg are antagonistic). Do you know the Mg content of your soil?

Another possibility is a virus. Perhaps another lister might recognize that yellow pattern on the leaf, but it seems very distinctive. We should be able to ID it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here