Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Transplanting

Posted by bunti 7 (My Page) on
Thu, May 8, 14 at 13:34

We have put our house on sale. But in my current house I have few fruit plants and flower plants that i have planted them in ground. I want to take them with me to the new house. Can I dig them during summer? What care do I have to take?

We bought land and going to have house build in it. House building is not started. So I am not sure where to plant them on the lot too. I am planning to plant all of them in the ground at one corner. Once the house is built, then I wanted to plant them in the permanent location. I can keep them in the pots, but if we move to apartment, I don't have much space for 100s of pots.

Few pomegranate and jujube plants I have in the ground.
Please advice how to take care of them this summer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Transplanting

Bunti,

Moving trees to pots during the growing season is challenging due to too much stress on the trees. You can ask the new home owner to let come back during the dormant season to remove some of your favorite trees. If they don't let you then add the price of your trees to the value of the house and buy some new trees at your next location.

Tony.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here