Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cot N Candy....Yummy!

Posted by Puggylover75 9B Norco, Ca (My Page) on
Fri, May 31, 13 at 13:37

Just started picking our Cot N Candy aprium, been eyeing them for a week just waiting for one to accidentally fall off ;).

Well one finally fell off, hehe.

Brix is measuring in at 19-20 on the ones we have picked. Which seems pretty good to me. Been having a bit of anxiety over the whole watering experiment. I always feel that i don't give them enough. This year I have all the mulch and wood chips down so should make life a little easier.

How are everyone's Cot N Candies doing this year?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cot N Candy....Yummy!

• Posted by fruitnut z7b-8a,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
    Fri, May 31, 13 at 13:47

Mine are pretty good. Tested two at 21+ brix but still feel they are over watered. I've had up to 26. All mine have newly planted trees nearby that need more water than is best for fruit quality on deeply rooted trees. I've got to quit messing around and just replant whole rows. Then I can water correctly.

Here's a picture of Robada, Orangered, Cot-N-Candy, and Golden Sweet, left to right.

Robada Orangered CotNCandy Golden Sweet photo lateapricots009_zpsecb02302.jpg

o

Wow, I am so jealous, Fruitnut, all that yumminess at the same time. And so are my squirrels! They got all my Robadas this year.

Carla in Sac

o

Wow those looks awesome! 26 brix wouser! Is that possible for an in-ground tree?

I am also jealous, my choices for Apricots are limited due to chill. Good thing they arn't my favorite ;). If I couldn't grow tons of Peaches here I would have to move lol.

o

I only ended up with three cot-n-candy fruit on my tree this year but they tasted better than ever. This is one of my favorites.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here