Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Young plums dropping

Posted by greenthumbNOTme 6A (My Page) on
Fri, May 17, 13 at 13:38

I have a four year old Stark Brothers Methley Plum Dwarf. I am finding some of the small plums on the ground. Last season, I did not retain any plums on the tree to full size. It seems that they all dropped off when they were robin's egg size. I have been spraying with Imunox. Is there an issue or are some just being squeezed out of the groups of fruit. Thank you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Young plums dropping

Someone asked the same question about a Santa Rosa plum recently (see link below). Scott's answers would apply to your Methley, as well, I would think. My Santa Rosa usually drops all of its plums, as well, but I have a Methley that finally bloomed this year and both trees are holding on to some plums this time around.

Here is a link that might be useful: Santa Rosa plum drop...why?

o
RE: Young plums dropping

Green Thumb, Immunox is a disease spray and has no effect on bugs. You need to also spray something for the plum curculio; when plums drop at robins egg size thats usually the curc. Next time those size drop cut them open and look for damage inside. Also read up on ways to control the curculio. I use Surround which works well.

Scott

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here