Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Overwatering?

Posted by wardog25 9b (My Page) on
Wed, May 16, 12 at 13:54

I have loquat and pineapple plants (fairly young plants) that are getting some browning at the leaf tips that spreads over time.

They are healthy otherwise, and after reading a bit, I was wondering if it was because of overwatering.

The pots have holes in them, but I was watering every day and some people say to let the soil dry out before watering again.

Is there anything else I can do about this? What if it rains several days in a row? Then I'm just stuck with browning leaves? Because it seems to take several days for the soil to totally dry out, even in full sun.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Overwatering?

Try repotting in 5:1:1 or gritty mix from the container forum. It's much faster draining then peat based soils. You can leave them in the rain without worries. Much more forgiving. Watering every day is usually excessive.

Leaf tip browning can also be caused from over fertilization as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here