Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm harvesting flavor delight apriums.

Posted by Itheweatherman USDA 8b, Elevation 2 (My Page) on
Mon, May 12, 14 at 13:56

I've been harvesting flavor delight apriums since last week; these were picked today.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm harvesting flavor delight apriums.

My totally favorites! They look juicy.

o

Boy those look delicious!

o

Look excellent. Is there any apricot flavor (or maybe is there any plum flavor)???

I mentioned this in another post, but I just had red velvet apricots from the grocery store and found them to be excellent. They must be similar to flavor delight? They are dark red (almost black), some fuzz...orange flesh and taste plum...but the seed is obvious apricot...and the size is that of an apricot. I need to grow one of these.

o

To me they taste like a plum with an apricot aftertaste.

Red Velvet apricots are 50% plum, 50% apricot. They were bred by Bradford genetics. Here is red velvet's patent (Patent has expired), http://www.freepatentsonline.com/PP07011.html

I've taste black velvet apricot, ruby velvet apricots, and Velvet sunrise apricots and all of them are delicious; all three are 50/50 hybrids.

o

funny you posted this....my Flavor Delight is just now starting to break it's dormancy! I have 3 leaves on my two year old tree! Now, I know my weather is much different than yours...thus the problem??? This is touted by the grower as a "low chill" variety. However, I have noticed this grower loves to tout these and others for SoCal growers...but they are many times unsuitable for 300 or 400 hrs of chill. Sure looks good though...

o

• Posted by mrclint z10SoCal Valley (My Page) on
    Tue, May 13, 14 at 10:40

Looking good! How is the texture? Any pics of the tree?

o

Those look delish! Good going! Mrs. G

o

Here is the tree---the middle tree.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here