Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
spots on strawberry leaves?

Posted by bambooberry 9b (My Page) on
Sat, May 10, 14 at 13:57

Hello everyone! I'm new here and terribly inexperienced when it comes to gardening (especially edibles) but I thought I'd try my hand at growing strawberries. I've started them off in pots until I've fixed my backyard to transplant them in the ground and so far they've been growing great! But this morning as I was inspecting them I noticed that on my top leaves there were brown spots. Could anyone help me figure out what they are and how to get rid of them? (sorry my pictures aren't exactly the best quality) Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: spots on strawberry leaves?

The problem is that strawberry leaves get spots for a lot of reasons, and they're hard to distinguish at that stage.
It might be strawberry leaf spot, it might not. Time will make this more clear, and better clues can be found by looking at the underside of the leaf.

At any rate, I see that yours are flowering, so it's time to hit them with fungicide. Captan is a good all-purpose choice that will protect against gray mold and help control leaf spot, if it is.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here