Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
foofght

Citrus blossoming frequency

foofght
10 years ago

Do citrus trees blossom more than once per year? The warm weather brought a lot of blossoms out on our satsuma, valencia, and blood orange trees. However, within a few days, we had some heavy wind and rain and voila! All blossoms are now gone.

Just wondering if I should expect no fruit for the upcoming year or if the trees will re-blossom?

Comments (6)

• bamboo_rabbit
    10 years ago

Most don't re-blossom sorry.

• insteng
    10 years ago

My orange trees will bloom a few times. I still have oranges on the tree from last year and small ones for this years crop as well as blooms. My key lime got dry and lost all it's leaves and it came back and rebloomed and put on new leaves. Citrus seems to be pretty easy to grow and if something happens it will usually try to rebloom.

• treehugger2012
    10 years ago

The freezing weather destroyed all the leaves on my four citrus trees they stood bare naked. Then comes the sun and the 70 degrees and every body is blooming. Because citrus trees do not goin dormancy they can generate growth and bloom any time of the year as long as the environment is suitable. lots of water, lots of sun, lots of over 75 degree days.

• thisisme
    10 years ago

The Mexican Lime and Gold Nugget Mandarin in my yard have been flowering off and one for the last two months.

I would say it's possible.

• larry_gene
    10 years ago

I've had tangerine and calamondin plants bloom indoors in winter and outdoors in summer.

• foofght
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Encouraging comments guys. Thanks for your help!

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor