Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More frost risk next week?

Posted by ltilton 5 (My Page) on
Wed, May 2, 12 at 14:12

Looking at the forecast for next week in N IL, not liking what I see.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More frost risk next week?

Where in N IL? I see nothing.

o

Looks cooler for sure, but GFS only drops temps to the low 40Fs here... Something to keep an eye on, but you would hope to God we are past frosts/freezes after this warm period...

o

If it makes you feel better, up here in NW ontario, is supposed to get into the 20Cs next week, but how reliable are the forcasts that far ahead given its May, and temps can still be rather anal?

o

Well, it wouldn't surprise me. April was colder than March for SE Michigan, the first time this has happened since records were kept starting in 1870.

Seems to me we're in a "brave new world" of weather. Fasten your seatbelts, it appears that it's going to be a bumpy ride.

Alas, I was wandering around in the rain the other night (Monday) after I took care of my critters, looking at the results of the 26 degree morning Sunday. I think the saddest sight was my Shellbark Hickory, which was full of bright green new leaves, male catkins and female buds emerging as of Saturday. By Monday night, they were dark brown, limp, and hanging. Sad. The tree will push new growth, but no nuts for the tree rats from that tree this year.

o

Friday the 11th, some forecasts are saying 34.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here