Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
White peach scale help!!!

Posted by ack01 none (My Page) on
Tue, May 14, 13 at 14:52

I have had white peach scale kill one of my trees and now it is showing up on a second one. I have been washing the scale off with soapy water once a week but I would like to get rid of it for good! Can anyone recommend a oil or anything that can kill these boogers for good?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: White peach scale help!!!

• Posted by fruitnut z7b-8a,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
    Tue, May 14, 13 at 16:24

Getting rid of it might take a year or two. I'd spray now with a summer, light weight, oil and something like Bayer Once and Done. That won't kill all now but maybe some. Then next winter spray at least once with dormant oil. You need to keep an eye out after that and always spray dormant oil.

You can search Google as well as I for more information.

o

malathion, carbaryl, permethrin or esfenvalerate will kill crawlers when crawling not under scale all spray are to be heavy up to run off. using oil best in winter. There 3 generations now to September. They came to your peach tree form other plants in your area need spray as for from your peach tree as can other trees. You mix mix permethrin in latex paint use interior clear latex paint.

o

Can you give me more info on the permethrin and latex paint. I could not find much on google

o

• Posted by fruitnut z7b-8a,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
    Tue, May 14, 13 at 18:13

Florida has detailed spray recommendations.

Here is a link that might be useful: white peach scale control

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here