Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sara101101

Help!--the grape vine that never bears any fruit.

Sara_in_philly
11 years ago

I have posted this question before. Now I have more info, so I am posting again to see if all your experts can help me figure out what is going on.

I have a grapevine that has been in the ground for 4-5(don't remember exactly when) years now, it has never bear any fruits, while a concord grape vine, 20 ft away and a couple of years older, has been bearing fruit for 5 yrs now.

Both grape vines were bought from big box store, and they are fertilized and prunned exactly the same way.

The non bearing vine was labled as fredonia.

This years I have been watching both vines more closely, here is what I find out:

Both vines put out a lot of clusters of flowers at almost about the same time, and the clusters grew bigger and bigger. Up until a couple of days ago, they still look pretty similar, but now, you see the difference

here is the fruit-bearing concord cluster

{{gwi:99831}}

here is the non fruit-bearing fredonia, the cluster(flower) is dying. some clusters have completely die out.

{{gwi:99833}}

This is my previous post that has more info. these is also a picture of the leaves of the non bearing vine there in case you need to identify the vine.

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/fruit/msg0913443010409.html

PLease Help!

Here is a link that might be useful: grape vine that won't bear fruits

Comments (3)