Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
peach leaves

Posted by newtoremodeling 6b (My Page) on
Thu, May 9, 13 at 14:53

This is the third summer for our Rio Oso Gem peach tree and it's the first time I notice any potential fruit forming. However, I think the leaves have peach leaf curl. After taking this picture, I removed the worst-looking leaves.

My two questions are:
Will it harm the fruit?
How to prevent it? I prefer organic methods.

Thanks for any help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: peach leaves

Yep, that's Pleach Leaf Curl. Can't do anything about it this year; trees are infected when dormant.

For next year, tree needs to be sprayed when dormant, using either a copper based spray or something like Daconil. The rule of thumb is three dormant sprays; Thanksgiving, New Years and Valentines Day. (Those are completely rough dates, but kind of gives you an idea.)

The most important spray is the last one, just before buds start to swell.

PLC won't harm the fruit, but a young tree will suffer some loss of vigor, so really thin your fruit.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here