Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
please help i.d. apple leaf / disease

Posted by mes111 7b (My Page) on
Tue, May 14, 13 at 15:05

Hi:

Can anyone help me i.d. the problem? I sprayed with Hort oil in April and Immunox in mid-April.

These are in Nassau County downstate NY.

Thanx
Mike

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: please help i.d. apple leaf / disease

Additional

o

ADDITIONAL

o

ONE MORE

o

• Posted by campv Arizona (My Page) on
    Tue, May 14, 13 at 17:11

It that small spider webs I see?

o

• Posted by fruitnut z7b-8a,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
    Tue, May 14, 13 at 17:18

I don't think that is serious. Looks like maybe an over dose of some spray. It's not spider mites. Not their damage pattern and they are a hot weather pest.

o

Campy. Yup it was a spider but only at this spot and the damage is on 3 different trees.

Mike

o

Fruitnut...

I hope. These were planted last summer as espaliers. The interesting thing was that on one tree in particular, the first branches (horizontal) leafed out while the main leader and the two that will make up the second tier are still in firmly in barely swollen bud stage.

On the others the first level also leafed out much earlier than the others but at least there is some awakening.
Mike.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here