Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mulberry: Spotted, Yellowing Leaves

Posted by Edymnion 7 (My Page) on
Thu, May 31, 12 at 15:38

I have a mulberry tree in my front yard that I bought from a nursery... oh 2-3 years ago now. This is it on the left behind the cherry tree.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

The problem is that I've got leaves that have necrotic spots on them, with the worst leaves yellowing. Almost all of the yellowing is confined in near the trunk, while the leaves out at the tips of the branches almost all appear to be healthy.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

I'm currently working under the assumption that its some sort of leaf spot fungus. Its been rainy lately, and the worst hit leaves are in near the center which leads me to believe air circulation is involved (and hence its a fungus).

Just gave it a light spray down with a fungicide to see if it has any effect before I resort to soaking the thing down in chemicals. Figured I'd double check to see if anyone here knows for sure while I was at it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mulberry: Spotted, Yellowing Leaves

I believe your assumption is correct.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here