Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how many times will a cherry tree produce fruit this summer

Posted by christine1126 none (My Page) on
Fri, May 24, 13 at 15:38

hi everyone... I have 3 sweet cherry trees and they already have fruit on them. I want to know if they will fruit again this summer or is this all they will produce till next year. I have 1 bing cherry tree and 2 whitegold. please let me know. Also , i sprayed some insecticide on them and i wanted to know how many times i should spray each this summer. Also, will it be ok if i sprayed the whole tree including the fruit. thanks please help

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how many times will a cherry tree produce fruit this summer

• Posted by fruitnut z7b-8a,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
    Fri, May 24, 13 at 16:22

One crop per year, if you are lucky....;-)

You don't need to spray insecticide after harvest unless you see a specific issue. Usually it's just the fruit that needs a set schedule.

You should check the insecticide to be sure it's what you need, cleared for fruit, and what the preharvest interval is usually listed in days before harvest. Don't spray closer to harvest than that interval.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here