Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Black ice/Lydecker Plum questions

Posted by Mr.Pickle 4 (My Page) on
Wed, May 29, 13 at 15:54

I have two black ice plums which are supposed to be northern hardy up to 3b. I am in 4a and we experienced a tough winter. Most of my zone 4 trees made it however the black ice seem to be very slow to wake up.

My question is: Do these break dormancy late in the spring? One seems to be coming to life with a few leaves however the other is showing nothing at all. I would suspect they should be full of leaves by now as the Superior plum tree is already full of flowers and I was hoping to use that as my pollinator.

Any help out there on this? Are they not as hardy as one expects? Any and all information or experience would be great.

Thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Black ice/Lydecker Plum questions

How did your plum trees do as the spring and summer progressed? My husband, Brian, is the developer of Blackice, and would be interested to know how your trees fared.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here