Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yellow persimmon leaves

Posted by econ0003 10a CA / 8b CA (My Page) on
Tue, May 7, 13 at 16:12

Fort the past two years the leaves on my four year old persimmon tree have been slow to turn green. The leaves on the bottom of the tree are more green becoming more yellow in the tips. The leaves on the top of the tree are yellow becoming more white at the tips.

Last year the leaves eventually turned green but the top most leaves got scorched on the white parts before they could turn green.

The tree still sets a decent amount of fruit and is growing steadily every year. At this point it seems more aesthetic than anything.

My initial guess would be Magnesium but I am not sure. I was wondering if any experienced growers could help me determine what is going on with my tree.

Thanks,
Tom

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yellow persimmon leaves

• Posted by campv Arizona (My Page) on
    Tue, May 7, 13 at 19:15

I think it needs Ironite. San Diego county has a problem with iron (or the lack of). Lived there 40yrs. Ironite takes a long time to break down so don't expect anything right away.
To help it along add 1/2 cp of ironite to a 5gl. bucket of water. Let it set overnight to desolve, stir and pour around that drip line. Continue to use it per pkg. directions after that. Good luck.

o

My persimmon always did the same thing -- started the year looking yellow & sickly. Later on, the leaves greened up on their own.

Jean,
who grew Hachiya & Fuyu persimmons when she gardened in Long Beach CA

o

That looks normal. These trees start out with chartreuse leaves in the spring, and then change to green later in the summer.

This post was edited by tak2w on Wed, May 8, 13 at 12:19

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here