Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newbee question about spraying new fruit trees

Posted by NorthGa7A 7 (My Page) on
Sun, May 27, 12 at 17:15

This February I planted 1 and 2 year apples, pears, peaches and plums.
I removed the flowers so no fruit is producing. I have been spraying the Bonide all fruit, nut and orchard tree spray every 2 weeks since bloom. Trees look good healthy except some red spots on the peaches.

Is this spray necessary since I no fruit is growing?
Any other suggestions on what else I should be spraying? Since I will have no harvest, how do I know when to stop spraying for the season? Thank you all.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newbee question about spraying new fruit trees

The simple answer is you do not need to spray. Do a google on UGA home orchard

Here is a link that might be useful: UGA Garden apples

o
RE: Newbee question about spraying new fruit trees

I would research the insects in your area. I too had new trees four years ago, and didn't follow a proper spray schedule and lost two trees due to Peach Borers. You will need to protect your trees from leaf diseases (fungi) and insects until they do fruit. Not all sprays are toxic. Mrs. G

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here