Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where to get peach/plum cuttings for June bud-grafting?

Posted by armyofda12mnkeys 7a, Phila, PA (My Page) on
Fri, May 24, 13 at 17:19

Just curious I whip n' tongued a bunch of cuttings i got from a person here ... at least 80% were successful which is great for my 1st real year of grafting :)... Now Im realizing I need to practice bud-grafting but have no scionwood left... Not sure where to buy scionwood around this time (doubt many people have the varieties Im looking for to graft like Cliff England doesnt seem to have much peach/plum varieties for sale). Looking to graft Indian-Free (https://www.raintreenursery.com/Indian_Free_Peach_Citation.html) as that tree died on me...
or types of Gage/Mirabelle plums (already have Green gage, and Mirabelle de Metz/Nancy plums).

Just thought Id ask people here as maybe some people have some extra wood saved.

Thanks!,
Ari

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where to get peach/plum cuttings for June bud-grafting?

When chip budding, you use this years new growth (pencil thickness or around that size)...in that case someone on here may be able to hook you up with what you need... not sure you can order scion in summer or not?

o
RE: Where to get peach/plum cuttings for June bud-grafting?

Hey Ari,

I might have some buds from last season dormant stored sticks and this season new growth but I have no idea what I'm doing in budding/harvesting new growth yet. Just me send me an email.

I think I'm going to give budding a try this season too. My peach grafts are the only thing that seem fussy to take so I may try some budding for them. I should probably make a new thread for some budding questions I have instead of hijacking this one.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here