Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nine year old potted Star blueberry

Posted by fruitnut z7b-8a,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
Fri, May 31, 13 at 17:23

Planted spring 2004 in same 15 gal pot it's in now and repotted once. When repotted I thought it really didn't need it. Year before repotting yielded 18 lbs. That's a yard stick on the pot.

Anyone who wants it can have it but you must pick up here...;-)

9 year Star photo nineyearoldpottedStar001_zps17f01830.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nine year old potted Star blueberry

That is a big healthy looking plant:)

o

I just munched on an underripe Star today--I think I'm going to like this one :).

o

Why are you getting rid of it Fruitnut? Out with the old in with the new? Got better varieties?

o

• Posted by fruitnut z7b-8a,4500ft SW TX (My Page) on
    Fri, May 31, 13 at 20:26

blueboy:

It's too big. I either need to cut off half or pot up. But really don't have room in the greenhouse for this monster. The fruit is OK but not great and it's a pain to clean up the fruit. The spent blossoms stick to the ripe fruit. That may be partly due to no rain and in the greenhouse. I like the Springhigh better if that's what I've got.

If I have bigger plants right now I'd rather pot up the Sweetcrisp.

o

F...do you make a special potting mix for your potted bb's? If so, what? thanks

o

hm i got no blossoms on the berries whatsoever. outdoors in ground exposed to elements tho. good size berries, no clue on taste tho for another month.

o

What a great looking bb bush. I have two that have been in the ground for five years that look nowhere near as nice. I hope someone in your vicinity can give it a good home.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here