Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How big do strawberry plants get!?

Posted by Drew51 6a SE MI (My Page) on
Wed, May 1, 13 at 19:06

Holy Moly! I ordered some Strawberries from Edible Landscaping, and a Tristar, part of the order is HUGE! Check out this photo!
Not the best photo, but man is this plant big! Look at the size of that leaf!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How big do strawberry plants get!?

May be I should order from those people my strawberry plants are very small

o
RE: How big do strawberry plants get!?

In that same order I ordered a Yellow Wonder that was a huge mass of strawberry goodness. But The red Wonder was about the size of a Hershey kiss, which is fine, Another looked decent sized. Each cultivar is so different. I'm having fun trying different varieties, just the appearance is striking, I have been following protocol for strawberries and removing all flowers, and they all have a lot, it has been very painful. I'll give the plants a month to establish, then I'm not removing anymore that happen to form! I think these are greenhouse grown, so I'm slowly exposing them to being outside. 4 hours today, 8 tomorrow, morning sun Friday, etc.

Here is a photo of the whole plant. The other plants are some of the other strawberries with the order. Also a small wyeberry, and at the far end of the table are 2 small elderberry bushes from another nursery, Black Lace, and Black Beauty. All I feel need acclimation, so are in for the night.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here