Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Does this look like a peach seedling?

Posted by semaje (My Page) on
Mon, May 10, 10 at 19:19

I realize seedlings aren't to easy to identify, but do these look like peaches?

I work at an orchard and found them under some peach trees. I figured they were peaches, until I saw something else under the trees that looks more like the trees above. Ive noticed peach trees have little red strand things that spiral around the leaf stems. Can anyone picture what I'm talking about? And the picture above doesn't have them, but the other plant I was talking about earlier did.

The orchard has apples, cherries, peaches, apricots, plums, nectarines

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Does this look like a peach seedling?

Not peaches. Almost look like apple to me. Peaches have long thin leaves, or at least all the seedlings i've come across do.

o

Semaje:

Doesn't look like a peach to me either. Could be anything. Wait and see.

Don Yellman, Great Falls, VA

o

Yeah apple was my second guess.. I just wasn't sure cause I the leafs seemed thinner. But your right, they could be anything. Its just these peaches that I found them under were no where near the apples. Maybe they're cherries? Cause a bird could've easily eaten one and dropped the seeds out the read. And its not like a bird ate an apple.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here