Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pear Tree Help!

Posted by kentl901 NY (My Page) on
Wed, May 1, 13 at 19:31

Hey all,

I just picked up a dwarf pear tree from a local nursery last week. I haven't had a chance to plant it so it's still sitting in its pot.

The tree was vibrant and lively the day I got it and for the next few days. However, over the past weekend, I notice the tree becoming less green. The flowers and the leaves have been wilting (see attached).

Besides putting it in the ground (which I will do ASAP), what else am I doing wrong? I leave the tree in an area where it will get a lot of sun throughout the day. I also make sure the soil is moist. Everytime I water, I make sure water escapes from the bottom holes of the pot. I didn't add any fertilizer yet. Still researching what I need to do. Any pointers or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pear Tree Help!

If it is setting in the sun the pot might be getting to hot and cooking the roots ?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Fruit & Orchards Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here